Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick Update - Bug Problems Again!

The third grown is running into some problems, about a week ago I found an infestation of Spider Mites, I have sprayed a few times now, and it seems to only keep them under control for a couple days. I may have to perform some serious grooming on the plants before long since many of the leaves have been heavily damaged from the Spider Mites.


However, the plants so far are still maintaining their life. We have had a few zucchini, a couple cucumbers, and some beans in addition to an abundance of lettuce. The lettuce has run it's course at this time and I have removed all of the plants since it was starting to bolt.


I have uploaded new photos to the facebook app page. 
http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=152243411489510&v=wall


You will notice I have changed from the Growing Stage to the Blooming Stage, by changing from a Metal Halide to a High Pressure Sodium Bulb for the light source.